Nov 18, 2010

Italian cuisine at 100years-old "machiya"

This Italian restaurant called "Pasta Collection House Dogetsu(道月)" was opened in a 100years-old "machiya" (Japanese traditional wooden townhouse) in Kyoto. Even I, being Japanese, really enjoyed this relaxed atmosphere and the experience the Japanese traditional machiya gives.

If you are surprised as I was, you will realize that nestled in this at this wonderful taste of Japanese history lies authentic Italian cuisine prepared by an Italian chef. You can order both a la carte menu and course menus, but I recommend the course menu.

The course are from 3000yen and the great part is that you can choose entree, pasta, main and dessert from a wide range of choices! I like to order course meals only when I can choose the dish; I want to eat what I want! I don't like "Magical Mystery Dinner." haha

As you can tell from the name of this restaurant, you can choose pasta in a large variety of different shapes which of course are all handmade.

Wine is also reasonable.
I recommend going to this restaurant for a casual dinner on weekdays with friends. It is also a great place for couples to escape for special occasions like anniversaries!



Dogetsu (道月)
10min from Sanjyo stn.
3min from Subway Kyoto-shiyakusho-mae stn.(京都市役所前駅)
京都市中京区押小路通麩屋町東南角橘町616
616 Tachibana-cho, Tonan-kado, Fuyacho-cho, Oshikoji-dori, Chukyo-ku, Kyoto
TEL: 075-253-1185
Open: 11:30~15:00 (L.O.14:00) / 17:30~23:00 (L.O.22:30)
Closed: Tuesday

No comments: