Sep 29, 2010

Healthy Japanese Cuisine: Tofu & Yuba

Whenever I have guests from overseas, I often take them to "Umeno Hana(梅の花)". There you can enjoy Tofu and Yuba as a course. All of the dishes are made with Tofu or Yuba and you will certainly be surprised at how many different ways Tofu can be cooked!
As you see in the photos, each dish looks very pretty. You can also enjoy the presentation.


Tofu Dengaku 豆腐田楽 (grilled tofu) with black sesami sauce and miso sauce. (photo below)


Lastly, you can make your Yuba on your table. Yuba (湯葉) is bean curds skin: "Tofu Skin." Once the bean curd is heated, a skin forms on the surface that you can ladle out with long chopsticks. You can make about 10 Yubas' until the bean curd is finished.


I always feel happy after eating not only tasty, but also healthy food like this Tofu course.

All tables are in private dining rooms, so it's a great place to invite your important guests.
There are about 14 Umeno Hana(梅の花) restaurants in Kanasai.


Umeno Hana (梅の花 心斎橋店)
大阪市中央区西心斎橋1-4-3 心斎橋OPAビル11F
Shinsaibashi OPA Bldg. 11F 1-4-3 Nishi-Shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka

TEL: 06-6258-3766

Open: 11:00~16:00 / 17:00~23:00

1 comment:

Hakuba said...

Do you know whether they have any English on their menus? A Japanese person took me to a tofu restaurant once many years in Umeda and I enjoyed it so much I would love to try again. This time I am only here with my son and we have very limited Japanese. Arigato gozaimasu!